What To Do When You Need a Replacement Copy of Your Transcripts

Transcripts are a student's closest thing to a permanent record. They provide information on your academic history, such as grades, courses taken, and whether or not you graduated. They may also include details such as a history of academic probation, honor code violations, or honors for academic achievement. Your transcripts are extremely essential and can open doors to academic and professional opportunities.

However, like other documents, transcripts are often stored away and forgotten about in dusty crates. What if you need your academic transcript and you can’t find them? What if your transcript is lost or damaged? Well, you don’t have to worry, there are options for getting replacement transcripts.

Contact Your School

The school where you previously attended can assist you in replacing your lost or damaged academic records.

Check With Your Registrar’s Office

Your Alma Mater's Registrar's Office can assist you in requesting replacement transcripts. It's better to get in touch with them immediately to find out what the requirements are and what you'll need to replace your academic records.

Fill Out a Request Form

Every school has its processes in ordering a copy of your record of the transcript but usually will require you to complete a request form. There may be an online form for requesting your transcript at some registrar's offices. 

You can also download the form, print it, and fill out their request form ahead of time before visiting the registrar's office at your school.

Pay the Fee

For many schools, the transcript fee is frequently paid online. If the school does not provide such an option, you may need to download and print the appropriate document and mail a check. Alternatively, you could just visit the school to pay the fee.

Wait for the Replacement Transcripts To Be Released

The time it takes for the transcript replacement to be released and delivered varies by school, however it usually takes more than a week.

Get Your Replacement Transcripts From Same-Day Diplomas

What if you don't have time to wait for the new record to arrive? What if you needed the transcript the next day? Same-Day Diplomas offers fast diplomas, transcripts, and certificates. Any kind of transcripts and academic records can be replaced on the same day! 

Same-Day Diplomas is the fastest and most reliable option to replace academic records. This includes the following:

  • GED
  • High School Transcripts
  • College Transcripts
  • University Transcripts
  • Partial Transcripts
  • Diploma Supplements
  • Grade Sheets
  • Score Sheets
  • & More

Choose Your Design and Fill Out the Form

Choose a transcript design based on your original transcript, and complete the form with all of the information needed for your transcript.

Pay and Wait for Your Order

You can conveniently pay for your order by using the following methods:

  • Debit and Credit Cards
  • Venmo
  • CashApp
  • Square Invoice
  • Payment Plans

You’ll have the option to receive a digital or hard copy of your transcript. When requested before 1:00 p.m. ET on business days, digital copies are produced the same day. Print copies will be prepared and mailed in 1 to 2 days.

Contact Us

If you don't want to wait for over a week to get your replacement transcript, contact Same Day Diplomas today and get a personal copy of your academic records easily and quickly!


You may also like

View all
Example blog post
Example blog post
Example blog post